How do I transfer my business(es) and agent(s) from one Easy MTD VAT installation to another?
Easy MTD VAT stores its business, agent, account and authority data, in files on the computer Easy MTD VAT is being run on. Therefore, if this data for an Easy MTD VAT installation on computer A needs to be used by another installation on computer B, the data files must be copied and pasted from computer A to computer B. To do this, perform the following actions:
- Exit Easy MTD VAT on computer A and computer B.
- On computer A, use File Explorer to open the following folder: C:\ProgramData\Easy MTD VAT\
NOTE: If you cannot see the ProgramData folder you will need to show hidden items in Windows File Explorer. To do this, click the View menu then tick the Hidden Items checkbox.
- Copy and paste all the files in this folder (Clients.dat and Agents.dat (if it exists)) to a USB stick or similar.
- Insert the USB stick or similar in computer B then use File Explorer to copy all the files (Clients.dat and Agents.dat (if it exists)).
- On computer B, use File Explorer to open the following folder: C:\ProgramData\Easy MTD VAT\ then paste all the files you previously copied.
- Run Easy MTD VAT on computer B.
Alternatively, change the data folder to a shared folder that is accessible by both installations of Easy MTD VAT. Read the Data Files section of the Help for further information about how to do this.