What data does HMRC receive when I use Easy MTD VAT?
To comply with HMRC's Making Tax Digital, Easy MTD VAT must send data to HMRC. This data, and how it is obtained are detailed in the table below:
|Authorising Easy MTD VAT||VAT Registration Number, Fraud Headers|
|Retrieving VAT Obligations, Liabilities and Payments||VAT Registration Number, Fraud Headers|
|Submitting a VAT Return||9 VAT Figures, VAT Registration Number, Fraud Headers|
To help prevent fraud, HMRC require information about the PC and operating system where Easy MTD VAT is installed. Referred to as fraud headers, this information is sent to HMRC when a VAT return is submitted and when VAT obligations, liabilities and payments are retrieved by Easy MTD VAT.
Below is a list of the information contained in the fraud headers:
- GUID generated during the installation of Easy MTD VAT.
- Logged on user name and Easy MTD VAT account email.
- Local UTC timezone.
- A list of all local IP addresses.
- Width, height, scaling factor and color depth for all monitors.
- Width and height of Easy MTD VAT's main window.
- OS family/OS version and device manufacturer/device model.
- "Easy MTD VAT" and its version.
- A list of available MAC addresses.
Further information about fraud headers can be found on the HMRC Developer Hub.